Based in Toronto, Canada
Lone Light is an atmospheric puzzle game about a source of light, alone in the universe trying to find its identity. Players have the control of the source of light, however, the source is not distinguishable from its surrounding. To figure out the position of the source and where it is going, players have to use the shadows created by the obstacles in the level to reach the destination, black holes, to enter the next level. Paying attention to the shadows is the most important aspect of the gameplay.
The prototype version of Lone Light was made in 2013 by Hessamoddin Sharifpour, a 16 years old high school student in Iran. It won multiple awards at Iranian indie game festival and got nominated for the best indie game of the year. In 2014, Hessam moved to Canada and in early 2016 started working on Lone Light with the engine Construct 2.
- Around 100 levels
- Secret levels, players can find them inside of other levels
- New mechanisms get introduced in the game when players progress through the game, for Example: Players have to use shadow to find invisible objects, players gain the ability to move some specific objects and etc.
- Original soundtracks (If we can raise enough money on Indiegogo)
Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Jury's Special Choice Award (2013 Prototype Version)" Iranian Indie Game Developers Festival, 2014
- "Best Idea and Creativity (2013 Prototype Version)" Iranian Indie Game Developers Festival, 2014
- "Nomination for the Best Indie Game of the Year (2013 Prototype Version)" Iranian Indie Game Developers Festival, 2014
- "Nomination for the Best Design (2013 Prototype Version)" Iranian Indie Game Developers Festival, 2014
- "Lone Light teases out the complex symbiosis of light and shadow"
- Alex Kane, KillScreen
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Hessamoddin Sharifpour
I'm an Independent game designer, 19 years old, currently studyng Computer Science in university.
More information on Hessamoddin Sharifpour, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lone Light Credits